This is what I eat for breakfast now-a-days along with my coffee. It meets my "an-apple-a-day" rule and is awfully delicious. I mixed in some walnuts and raising too, which made it even better.
Here's is what you would need
Flour - 1 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Eggs - 2
Butter - 6tbsp
Milk - As needed to get the right consistency
Baking Powder - 1tsp
Cinnamon - 1tsp
Walnut - 1/2 cup chopped
Raisins - 1/4 cup
Apple - 1 chopped in bite size pieces
1. Set your oven at 350 and prepare your baking dish by placing a wax paper at the bottom and buttering the remaining area.
2. Put together all the dry ingredients, i.e. Flour, Sugar, Baking powder, Cinnamon powder together and mix well
3. Now add the wet ingredients, i.e. Eggs & Butter one by one and keep mixing. Now Add milk slowly to get a drooping consistency
4. Once the batter is ready, cut your apple and add to it. Mix it well, then add the walnut and raisins.
5. Put it in the oven for about 50 mins, or till its ready.
6. Bring it out and let it cool, before you cut it into pieces. Its easy to store in container or storage boxes.
7. Enjoy with coffee or Tea. I prefer Earl Grey with it.