I travel throughout the year and to different kind of locations with different climatic conditions. So after a lot of trials and errors I have now come to finalize my list of beauty must haves. There is of course more to this list, but I consider this as my key list.
While packing for make up I prefer them in sticks and pen format. They take lesser space are easy to find and easy to apply. sometimes, even when you don't have the right brush. I also, never miss an opportunity to pick up samples or samples from my encashed points as they are the best sizes to carry along as well as the best opportunity to try them on. As in my case if I am not traveling and I have samples at home, chances are that I might ignore and reach out for the trusted friends. Here is my makeup list.
- primer - I don't always use a primer, but some primers come with its own benefits, that a foundation could use. we always have this little thing on our face that we want to be taken care of which a primer does. This one is a Benefit 15hr Primer.
- Foundation - Its difficult to find a sample size for a foundation. I have never found any, that comes in a tube for exactly 10days and is my skin's exact match. No, haven't happened to me yet. I prefer my own foundation and a favorite in this case is a Tarte foundation with Amazonian clay. Love the coverage.
- NARS multiple - I love this product. However, though its a multiple, I have never really liked applying it on any other part of my face other than my cheeks. It gives me a nice glow, as it also doubles up as shimmer. This one in NARS Multiple in Orgasm
- Stila palette - This one is a gift from a dear friend, hence I don't know the exact link. However Stila - In the light palette has similar shades. I feel it has everything I need for my eyes and its compact. Hence makes for a great travel companion.
- Tarte Concealer - Its a stick. Gives great finish. Easy to apply and carry. Over all Tarte Smooth Operator is great for on and off travel.
- Mascara - I am yet to use the Diorshow Mascara as I just received it. Its small has great reviews and I guess that, I won't be disappointed.
- Lipsticks - I carry an evening lipstick and a day lipstick gloss. I am currently loving the NARS Pure Matte in Bold red. Its an amazing color for my skin tone. For day, I would prefer Dior Addict Lip Polish in Sheer pink
- Eyebrow - Anastasia Brow Wiz is my BFF. I don't step out without applying it. Its super convenient as it has a brow combing brush at one end and pencil at the other. I love this one.
- Under Eye Concealer - I have been using Clinique under eye concealer for the longest time. I do sometimes feel that it can dry up a bit, and may not be right for winter or extra dry skin, but other than that, I quite like it.
- Eyeliner - An eye liner is a must. I am currently using the MakeupForever's Aqualiner. I am still getting the hang of it to be honest, for some weird liquid liner applying technology I have been used to for years. Its a little different applicator from the rest. I, however, very deep within me feel that this could be a winner. Just giving it time. But this one does need 'practice'
- Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop Eye Stick. I use the color Three Shakes. I love the way it feels on my eyes. It feels cool on my eyes and spreads very well. And I love the color, what else can i say?
- Face Powder - I discover this Origin Silk Screen Compact one day while strolling around the Origin Store. I haven't parted with it since.
- A Nail Polish - I love to carry along a nail polish that I like to wear for long. Butter London's Toff - Dusty Pink is one of my favorite.
- Nail Polish Remover - I find this extremely handy. Its just too messy to carry along a bottle of nail polish remover. In fact the thought itself is so repulsive that I never even attempted it. These babies by Butter London are convenient. The ones from Walgreens work just fine too.
- Bear Naked Wipes. These are wipes too. Hoping they would come handy.
- A night cream is a must. But I need a little extra combined into one product when I am traveling. I have been using the Korres Wild Rose+Vitamin C Sleeping Facial for the last few months now and I truly love it. Hence, its in my bag.
- Tweezerman Tweezers. Tweezers are always handy. Need I say more?
- Formula X Eraser and Quench. Eraser is a polish removing wipe. Again! and Quench is a cuticle cream. I received them as samples, hence.
- L'Occitane Hand Creams are my absolute favorites. They have to be with me, wherever I go.
- Shiseido Benefiance 24 hr eye cream. It comes in a sachet, which makes it easy to use. Another sample that I had received earlier.
- Dior Face Oil. This is a great product. Leaves skin soft and supple. However, I recommend supporting it with a separate eye make up remover. And as an extra thing, I also use a face wash later. But this product with a pump is definitely very easy to carry around while traveling.
- Origin Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Demembrasion. I am in love with this. If you have a oily zone on your face apply it dry on that. once you have scrubbed off to your heart's satisfaction, wet your hands and apply it all over. This product is great for combination and oily skin.
- Origin Ginzing Energy Boosting Moisturizer brightens up my day and I need it in my bag. it smells great. Nice and fruity and gives my face a moisturized glow.
- Origin Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream is great for a morning after a late night, or not. I use it daily along with the moisturizer.
- Make Up Forever Sens Eyes. This is absolutely effective, doesn't hurt my eyes and take everything off after a gentle massage. I love it.
All sample size perfumes, usually exchanged for reward points at Sephora. I usually carry 3-4. One stays in my purse, one stored away. and the other 1 or 2 I carry as back up after one perfume spilling incident once.
If you like it then I would love to know. So, please do leave behind your comment, suggestion, insights, love notes... I am listening.
Follow me on Twitter @ujjainil
And please share the love on